Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Final Semester - Recap

Near the end of last semester, I was fortunate enough to be offered an internship at Side Effects Software Inc. in Santa Monica, CA, as their Houdini Gaming Intern. I've been here about 5 months now, and I'm really enjoying my work! I've been working on a few projects to demonstrate how Houdini can be used in the games space. We'll hopefully get to show off some of my work at SIGGRAPH in a couple of months! Though my internship work does keep me busy, I've also gotten some time to learn Houdini on my own using SideFX's vast library of resources. I'm currently learning more about procedural modeling, and creating assets in Houdini that would be useful in games.

Other news: a few weeks ago, I traveled back to Pittsburgh for a weekend to graduate. I now officially have a Master of Entertainment Technology degree from Carnegie Mellon University! I still have a few months left of my internship, so I will be in Santa Monica for a while longer, but it feels good to finally be finished with my degree and done with school!

Overall, I really enjoyed my final semester, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the internship!

No comments:

Post a Comment